To encounter Christ in prayer, to serve him in the poor with love—that is the life of a Little Sister of the Poor and the source of our joy!
If God has gifted you with a love for the poor and a desire to know him more deeply, he may be offering you the precious gift of a vocation to consecrated life. We’d be happy to talk to you and accompany you in your discernment.
With the recent canonization of our Foundress and the ever increasing population of older persons, our vocation is more relevant than ever. Saint Jeanne Jugan often said, “What happiness for us, to be a Little Sister of the Poor!” We feel the same way today and we’re eager to share our joy with you.
Contact Sr. Raymond at 419-698-4331 or by email: email@example.com
Steps you might take in discerning whether God is calling you to follow Saint Jeanne Jugan as a Little Sister of the Poor:
- Check out our national website to read more about our consecrated life and our mission of hospitality to the elderly poor
- Arrange to visit us for Mass, or another moment of prayer, and a tour of The Sacred Heart Home
- Volunteer some of your time with the elderly
- Attend one of our discernment retreats. Several are held at our novitiate in New York and at different locations around the country throughout the year
- Consider a summer service placement; click here for more details (PDF)