The Sacred Heart Home is located on a large expanse of land, some 44 acres, set back on the corner of South Wynn Road and Navarre Avenue in Oregon, Ohio. This state of the art building was constructed in 2004 and is truly unique in design. The Home does not resemble your typical nursing home, because we are not an institutional facility. We are truly a “Home”; a place where Residents live out their final days in a warm loving community that is not institutional in nature. We offer a continuum of care with three distinct levels.
Levels of care include:
- Independent living apartments for low-income seniors
- Assisted living
- Skilled nursing care (Medicaid and Medicare certified)
- The Sacred Heart Home is unique for many reasons…
- The Little Sisters live at the Sacred Heart Home and are available 24/7 to respond to Resident needs.
- The Little Sisters assure a constant presence with the Residents who are dying.
- We take a spiritual approach to aging—exemplified by the central location of the chapel, the presence of a full-time chaplain, daily Mass and Rosary, and regular availability of the sacrament of the Anointing of the Sick.
- All Resident bedrooms in assisted living and skilled nursing are single occupancy, with private bathrooms.
- Although each apartment has kitchen facilities, apartment Residents are welcome to enjoy home-style meals in our main dining room along with other Residents.
We also have a vibrant Senior Center, where each day 20-25 low income seniors are transported in from the local community to the Home. Participants in the Senior Center are offered breakfast, lunch and the daily activities of their choice. At the end of each day we transport these seniors back to their homes along with a take-home meal. This service is offered at no cost to the participants in the Senior Center.